Allowing the students to:
1. get a general idea of what the main features of the Civil War and the Commonwealth;
2. know the main social and political changes of both periods.
Tempo di apprendimento
Apprendimento in: 1 hour
A How-To Guide
Stage 1 – On your textbook
1.1. Read page 92 [Charles I]
You should know:
1. What the Petition of Right was;
2. Charles I’s relations with the Parliament;
3. The break of the Civil War.
1.2. Read page 93 [The Civil War and the Commonwealth]
Just focus on the information which will allow you to answer the questions from 2 to 6. After all, what is really important is that you understand:
1. the social classes involved in the two parties;
2. who Cromwell was;
3. how the Civil War developed and ended;
4. what the Commonwealth was.
1.3. Read page 94 [The Puritans and society]
You should read the passage and fill in the blanks with the sentences from A to G.
Stage 2 – Online
2.1. The English Civil War 1642-1651 – English History (Video Resource)
Extremely clear and explanatory. You’re strongly advised to watch it carefully if you want to get a good knowledge of how the Civil War broke out, developed and ended. Just turn on the subtitles in case you find something difficult to understand.
2.2. Commonwealth of England (Video Resource)
A nicely done explanation of the rise and fall of the Commonwealth of England. As usual, just turn on the subtitles in case you find something difficult to understand.
As stated above